Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blogging and jogging for bucks


Okay, so let's make this interesting for my homies in Corporate America. It is not enough that I am slogging through the early morning fog, knees throbbing and sweat raining down, in an effort to shed unwanted pounds. (If the slow, steady tedium of diet and daily exercise is agonizing on the participant, how much more so must it be for the spectator.) To keep readers, I need to spice up this blog, add some hard numbers and inject massive doses of motivation, to make it more engaging for you -- and potentially more lucrative for me.

So I've added stats. I've started with the birth of this blog, and I am tracking the following figures:
  • How many days the blog has been up

  • How many posts I've published in that time

  • How much weight I've lost

  • How much money I've earned from people clicking on the ads

  • The rate in lbs./wk I'm losing

  • How much money I've earned in $/lb.

Goal-setting

My goals for this little experiment are as follows:
  • Lose 60 lbs.

  • Maintain a rate of 1.5 lbs/wk

  • Earn, via ads, $10/lb.

The last goal seems the most ambitious, but that's where you come in. Everytime you check out my latest, ever-more-motivating entry, click on all four ads in the upper righthand corner. (You have to use the down arrow each time to get to new ads -- a usability faux pas, if you ask me.) Then send a link to the blog to everyone you know who is even remotely interested in losing weight and getting in shape -- and remind them to click on the ads. You can explain to them that it is an experiment in grassroots e-commerce.

I know $10/lb. sounds tough. But together we can do this. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up, Jason